Sunday, July 12, 2009

I may be a Cornhusker, but I don't think he'll be

Posted by Picasa

So I am starting to suspect Little Z can't handle corn or any corn derivative. He has been fussy lately, has a distended belly, and has diarrhea with undigested food 3-4 times a day. And I have been hypervigilant about him not ingesting any gluten, soy, etc. He also has been getting his customary painful diaper rash. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I kept thinking perhaps the jar of garlic was contaminated with gluten, but I can't think of a time that we have used it on any wheat, and I never double dip the spoon... and then I realized, that I have been feeding him canned kidney beans and homemade spaghetti sauce (made from canned tomatoes). Corn syrup is in all of those! I also have started making him baked goods with baking powder (it has cornstarch!).

And now that I think of it... I swear I remember wondering if the cornstarch-based baby powder I used when he was a newborn made his diaper rash worse.

So I am on a mission to rid the boy of all corn to see if that is the problem. We shall see, and hope this solves the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment