Friday, April 9, 2010

Peeps and other sweets


Easter was last week, and we were very nervous about what we would put in Z's Easter Basket. I can count on one hand how many times Z has had candy (because I have been just too afraid he would get sick from it). When someone from church asked what candy he could have (so they could be prepared for their annual Easter egg hunt) the only candy I knew off the top of my head that was gluten free and probably safe were Peeps. Someone from church was so thoughtful, she specially bought Z his own peeps (several boxes) so that he could enjoy something sweet like the other kids.

Here are some pictures of of Z enjoying a peep for the first time.

We tried out another candy that Z seems to tolerate well: Starburst jelly beans. He loves them.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that the Starburst Lollipops work well to! I didn't know if he could eat lollipops yet, but when he's ready that's a good option. I think they might be seasonal so my friend always stocks up on them when she can find them. : ) BTW - I haven't been to your site in a while (sorry btw) but I LOVE it! I'll be checking in a lot more often because we've cut back on Evan's dairy intake because of horrible diaper rashes. It's nothing like what you have to go through with Z but I love to get ideas - also I can also pass them on to my sister whose new baby is MSPI (milk, soy protein intolerant). I made sure to send them a link to your website as soon as they found out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I apologize for not responding -- life got very busy and hectic here and unfortunately, I quit checking my blog.

      Thanks for the tip on Starburst suckers. I didn't know they existed, but my kids LOVE starbursts...

      Delete